Building & Fire Code Services
When using a credit or debit card after July 1, 2023, an additional non-refundable card processing fee of 3.5% will be charged directly by the external payment handling company, Paymentus. When using the eCheck option, a non-refundable flat eCheck processing fee of $0.20 will be charged directly by Paymentus.
Attention Builders and Contractors:
Residential Water Meter Update
For Contractor Installs:
- Contractor installs are required at this time. When a City approved contractor is installing a water service and the City does not immediately have the needed part kits available, the contractor may provide the parts necessary to install the service. If the contractor provides the parts kit, all parts must meet City of Edmond standards and be pre-approved by Water Line Maintenance. Please direct questions regarding parts availability and parts approval requests to Public Works Administration at (405) 216-7770 or PWAdministration@edmondok.gov.
For City Installs:
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, the City of Edmond Water Line Maintenance will be unable to provide City installs at this time.
- We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and greatly appreciate your cooperation.
Our new online applicant portal is now available!
Please see the tutorials & video below for more details on how to use this online portal.
Online Applicant Portal "How To Guides"
- How to Add a Contact to Your Project
- How to Upload Revisions - Multi-Sheet Files
- How to Upload Revisions - Individual Plan Sheets
If you need assistance, please contact us at (405) 359-4780
Our Mission"To provide professional support to the community involved with building or altering the built environment of the community and to protect the health, safety, and public welfare by enforcing the currently adopted building, state, and local codes consistent with the policies and ordinances adopted by the City of Edmond."
OverviewEdmond’s Building & Fire Code Services ensures the safe and lawful use of buildings through the issuance of building and trade permits. Our goal is to promote safe, quality living and working conditions through efficient use of available resources in every aspect for the citizens of Edmond. Our main actions include:
- Perform Plan Reviews
- Issue Building and Trade Permits
- Inspect Properly Permitted Projects