Oversized/Overweight Structure Move Permit

In accordance with Chapter 16.30 of the Edmond Municipal Code, the City of Edmond requires move permits for Oversized and/or Overweight structures. Permits can be obtained through the City Clerk’s office.

We request the applicant apply for the permit a minimum of 15 business days prior to the desired move to allow for the review process, possible rejections, and determination of alternate routes.

Oversized and/or Overweight structures are defined as:

  • Any structure, when loaded, is greater than 13.5 feet high or 8.5 feet wide or 53 feet in length
  • Load that exceeds 80,000 pounds
  • Any structure that exceeds the Axle Loading Permitted by the State of Oklahoma
  • Any structure for which state law otherwise requires a permit prior to moving pursuant to 47 O.S. 14-101 et seq

Ordinance 3862 in reference to Chapter 16.30 of the Edmond Municipal Code defines the responsibilities of the mover and is therefore essential to review. 


Applicants, i.e., moving companies, will be required to provide the following documentation:

  • A Completed Oversized/Overweight Structure Move Applicaton
  • Description & Map of Proposed Route
  • Copy of Surety Bond of $50,000
  • Copy of Certificate of Insurance of $100,000
  • Copy of State Permit, Decal and Registration
  • $150.00 Application Fee (non-refundable and paid at time of submission) 

Applications submitted without the above-listed items will delay the application and review process.

For your consideration:

Review Process

Once the completed application and payment is received the City Clerk’s Office will send for review to the following departments:

  • City Attorney’s Office 
  • Traffic Engineering  
  • Edmond Electric  
  • Public Works 
  • External Companies: OG&E and Telecommunications/Cable Companies

If any of these departments reject the initial route submitted, you will be asked to complete the Alternate Route Form.


Moves requiring City of Edmond services will incur additional charges; weekend moves will be billed at overtime rates.

The mover is liable for any expense, damages or costs to City property or private property. Reference Chapters 16.30.051 and 16.30.052 of the Edmond Municipal Code.


Time Restrictions

  • Moves are not allowed from 7:00am - 9:00am and 3:30pm - 6:30pm on weekdays.
  • Moves are not allowed on major holidays. 
  • Moves are not allowed after dark.
Permit Application

Permits will be issued to the Applicant if all requirements detailed above are met. Permits can be obtained by accessing our Online Permitting Portal:


  • Create an Account
  • Select Create at the left margin of the screen
  • Select Create New Permit Application
  • Click City Clerk
  • Select Oversized/Overweight Structure Moves
  • Complete the Application
  • Download applicable documentation

For assistance contact the City Clerk's office by calling 405-359-4545.

Using the Permit Portal  


The $150.00 fee must be paid during the submission process and is non-refundable.

The City Clerk's office offers the following payment options: cash (must be exact), physical check, and money order. Debit or credit cards and eCheck payments can be made using the Online Permitting Portal.


Please Note: When using a credit or debit card after July 1, 2023, an additional non-refundable card processing fee of 3.5% will be charged directly by the external payment handling company, Paymentus. When using the eCheck option, a non-refundable flat eCheck processing fee of $0.20 will be charged directly by Paymentus.

Receiving the Permit

Once the review process has been met, the City Clerk’s Office will notify the applicant and provide the permit, with reviewed Route, by email or as requested by the applicant.

Please Note: If at any time changes need to be made to the route, move date or time, please contact the City Clerk's office.

Any person violating any of the provisions of Ordinance 3862 in reference to Chapter 16.30 of the Edmond Municipal Code, may be subject to a Class B offense.