Medical Marijuana - Certificate of Compliance

Medical Marijuana Businesses may apply for a Certificate of Compliance through the Edmond City Clerk’s Office. If you are interested in obtaining a Certificate of Compliance, please review the requirements and process below.

Note: If applying for multiple license types, a separate application will need to be completed for each type.


Complete the Application for the OMMA Certificate of Compliance by accessing the online permitting portal at:


To Create an Account:

  • Select Create at the left margin of the screen
  • Select Create New Permit Application
  • Click on City Clerk
  • Select Medical Marijuana - "Type"
  • Complete the Application
  • Download applicable documentation

For assistance contact the City Clerk's office by emailing or by calling 405-359-4545.

Using the Permit Portal  

More information on Department Reviews:

Planning and Zoning:

Zoning Codes 

As of July 2020, the City of Edmond has enacted ordinances related to medical marijuana. Title 4 and Title 22 of the Edmond Municipal Code have been updated to correspond with the State of Oklahoma’s regulations, including the Certificate of Compliance component needed for annual state licensing.

Zoning Districts (updates to Title 22, Ord 3790, July 2020)

Use the online zoning map to find the existing zoning of a property.

The following zoning categories are appropriate for specific uses of commercial medical marijuana businesses:

TypeZoning Categories
Commercial GrowersG-A, E-2, E-3, F-O, F-1, F-2, F-1-A, and F-1-B
ProcessorsE-3, F-O, F-1, F-2, F-1-A, and F-1-B
DispensariesC-3*, D-1, D-2-A, E-1, E-2, E-3, F-1, F-2, CBD, DRD, 
D-1-NRC, F-1-B, L-5, D-LU, E-LU, and D-2
(*allowed on lower floors of high-rise apartments)
Research FacilitiesC-3*, D-O, D-1, D-2-A, D-3, D-4, E-1, E-2, E-3, F-O, F-1, F-2, CBD, DRD, D-1-NRC, F-1-A, F-1-B, L-5, D-LU, and E-LU    (*allowed on lower Floors of high-rise apartments)
Testing LaboratoriesC-3*, D-O, D-1, D-2-A, D-3, D-4, E-1, E-2, E-3, F-O, F-1, F-2, CBD, DRD, D-1-NRC, F-1-A, F-1-B, L-5, D-LU, and E-LU   (*allowed on lower floors of high-rise apartments)

For additional questions, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 405-359-4790.

Building Services:

Commercial electrical, mechanical, and plumbing codes often apply due to some of the equipment and power needs.

Commercial building codes/permits are required for new and modified structures – which means commercial zoning and site plan is required prior to building permit application.

For additional questions please contact Building Services at 405-359-4780.

Fire Inspection Information:

For additional questions, please contact the Fire Department at 405-216-7300.

Fees and Payment

Fees for each type of facility are as follows:


Storage (only for locations where no other medical marijuana establishment license is obtained)


No fee at this time

The City Clerk's office offers the following payment options: cash (must be exact), physical check, or money order. Debit or credit cards and eCheck payments can be made using the Online Permitting Portal.


Please Note: When using a debit or credit card after July 1, 2023 an additional non-refundable card processing fee of 3.5% will be charged directly by the external payment handling company, Paymentus. When using the eCheck option, a non-refundable flat eCheck processing fee of $0.20 will be charged directly by Paymentus.

Certificate of Compliance

Once the City Clerk’s Office has received payment, the Certificate of Compliance will be issued. The completed Certificate of Compliance can be picked up in person at the City Clerk’s Office or can be emailed or mailed to the applicant upon request.


We do not require submission to state prior to application with the City of Edmond.

Payment for a Certificate of Compliance takes place after all department’s reviews and inspections have been completed.

We are unable to provide a standard timeline, due to variations with each application. The most common delays occur due to building or fire code violations that need to be corrected by the applicant.

This depends on what review has been failed. See potential scenarios below:
• If an application fails due to improper zoning the application will be denied completely, and the proposed use will not be allowed in that location, unless there is a zoning change for that site.
• If an application for a dispensary indicates the facility falls within the 1000’ exclusion zone for school facilities, the applicant will have two options:
1. Receive a denied Certificate of Compliance form at no charge. If the applicant choses this option, no other reviews or inspections will be performed.
2. Proceed with remaining inspections. If the application passes the remaining reviews and inspections, the applicant will receive a completed Certificate of Compliance form with any applicable lines marked “No.” If the applicant choses this option, normal licensing fees apply.
• If an application fails the fire prevention inspection, the applicant will have 30 days to correct violations before re-inspection. If the violation is corrected before 30 days, it is up to the applicant to contact their inspector to schedule an earlier inspection before the end of 30 days.
• If an application fails the Building Services inspection, the applicant will need to correct all violations before the application can be approved.

No, the City of Edmond does not transfer licenses. A new Certificate of Compliance will need to be obtained.